Types of Travel Insurance:
1)Domestic travel insurance
Domestic travel insurance provides coverage for medical emergencies, permanent disability and death, checked-in lost/stolen baggage, travel delay and personal liability.
2)International travel insurance
International travel insurance gives a comprehensive coverage for medical expenses overseas, hijack, baggage and travel delays, repatriations/evacuation to India, and loss of travel documents/passport, etc. besides the usual coverage. Premium for the same depends on the age of the person, duration of travel and destination of travel.
3)Corporate travel insurance
Under corporate travel insurance India, employees of an organization can obtain annual travel insurance policy which can cover them for all their international travels during the year.
4)Student travel insurance
There is minimum paperwork involved in student plans. The coverage is comprehensive and provides for expenses incurred on medical treatment, passport loss, and study interruptions.
- COMMON TRAVEL POLICY COVERS:
- Medical Cover
- Personal Accidental Death & Disablement
- Loss Of Baggage (checked In)
- Delay Of Baggage (beyond 12 Hrs )
- Personal Liability
- Hijack Distress Allowance
- Daily Allowance Incase of Hospitalisation
- AD & D Common Carrier
- Bounced Hotel Booking
- Golf Hole in One
- Child Escort
- Trip Cancellation/Curtailment
- Missed Connection
- Trip Delay
- Home To Home Cover
- Home Protection
- Overseas Travel Service Supplier Insolvency
- Adventurous Sports Cover
- Life Threatening Condition For Preexisting disease
- Loss of International Driving Licence
- Car Rental Excess Insurance
What Is Not Covered In Travel Insurance Policy?
- Pre-existing illness/medical conditions
- Elective surgery or treatment
- Illness due to drugs or use of alcohol
- Taking up dangerous spots or accidents due to hazardous sports
Insurance policy plans depends on the region to which you are travelling. So assist you with insurance coverage and policy that will suit you in the particular land.